JupyterHub Multi-Node setup

Hi Team,

I am trying to see the possibility of having support of multi-node jupyterhub.
Gone through the docs but could not find if hub does provide this feature.

Just wanted to check if it is possible to have multi-node setup where end user will have single entry point and notebooks will be served on one of the hub nodes based on the request.

There’s a Helm chart for running JupyterHub on Kubernetes, see the docs here: Zero to JupyterHub with Kubernetes — Zero to JupyterHub with Kubernetes documentation

There are other options though, for instance if you have a high performance cluster (HPC) have a look at GitHub - jupyterhub/batchspawner: Custom Spawner for Jupyterhub to start servers in batch scheduled systems

@manics Thanks for your quick response.
I’m trying to set this on ubuntu bare metal machines that are not HPC . It would be great if you can share docs/links which can guide me to set this on mentioned machines.

As per my exploration; it seems jupyterhub does not have built-in support of multi-server/multi-node feature ,where end user can launch notebooks on different nodes via single entry point to the hub.

Kubernetes is the best way to run JupyterHub across multiple nodes.

If that’s not suitable you can search for other JupyterHub spawners which support remote launches, for example