Jupyter Community Calls

It’s August, and that means it’s time for the next Jupyter community call! Get excited to meet with fellow jovyans to share anything what’s happening and what people are working on in two weeks. This month’s call will be on Tuesday, August 31 at 8am Pacific (your timezone).

If you want to share something, please sign up in the agenda before the call begins.

Want to attend? You can join on Zoom at the time of the call.

1 Like

And you can like this tweet from @isabela-pf to spread awareness.

Also responding to break the consecutive reply from same user and let @isabela-pf comment again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One more reminder that this month’s community call is next week. We already have one cool share on the agenda! Join in on Tuesday, August 31 at 8am Pacific (your timezone).

We still have room on the agenda, so feel free to sign up before the call begins.

1 Like

Can you believe September’s more than half way done? I couldn’t, that’s why I’m late to announcing this month’s community call! Come hang out with the community on Tuesday, September 28 at 8am Pacific (your timezone).

If you’d like to share something, please sign up on the agenda before the call begins.

Hope to say hello to you all soon!

2 Likes

Up next is October’s community call! Join us in two weeks on Tuesday, October 26 at 8am Pacific (your timezone) and consider bringing something to share with the Jupyter community.

If you’d like to share something, please sign up on the agenda before the call begins.

Due to popular request, you are invited to wear a costume to this community call (though you are not required to do so). :fallen_leaf: :ghost: Guess I’ll have to dig out my wigs :woman_singer:

2 Likes

Here’s a potential demo for the next call Feature Idea: JupyterHub/BinderHub + Jupyter Book as a publishing platform - #10 by ltetrel
Any chance someone could confirm the date? :smiley:

1 Like

I confirmed it on the original posting, but since we have to announce it anyways here goes!

Get excited! The next Jupyter community call is coming up on Tuesday, November 30 at 8am Pacific (read it in your timezone). This will be mark a full year of community calls returning. :tada:

This will be the last Jupyter community call of 2021! Even if you’ve never joined us before, this would be a great time to start. Everyone is welcome!

3 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t realise you were always updating the first post :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @isabela-pf, I have just added our project Naas to the agenda on the hackmd file.

We are a small team working on low code features on top of Jupyter (scheduling, sharing asset, notification, webhook) and building a library of awesome notebook templates with a few contributors.

We would love to have feedback from the community.

Thanks @SylvainCorlay for pushing us here! :slight_smile:
Looking forward to talk to you!

2 Likes

Hooray for more agenda items! I love to hear that people are excited to share. Thanks for for the heads up @Jeremy_Ravenel!

On a related note, this is everyone’s one-week reminder that the next Jupyter community call is on Tuesday, November 30 at 8am Pacific (read it in your timezone).

You can still sign up to share via the agenda. Depending on time, we likely can make room for at least one more longer (10–15 minutes) or some smaller ones.

To attend, you can join on Zoom at the time of the call.

This is sounding more and more like an exciting call, so remember that anyone can drop in. Hope to see you next Tuesday!

1 Like

It’s just over a week until the first Jupyter community call of the 2022! Join in on Tuesday, January 25 at 8am Pacific (read it in your timezone) for a fresh start of demos, dreams, and delights with the Jovyans.

If you’d like to share, you can sign up by adding yourself to the agenda before the call begins.

To attend, you can join on Zoom at the time of the call.

Hope to see you soon!

1 Like

February will be a short month, but Jupyter’s community call will be here as usual! Hop on the call on Tuesday, February 22 at 8am Pacific (read it in your timezone) to share anything Jupyter related that you are excited about. :ringer_planet:

Hope you join us in two weeks!

2 Likes

In ~two weeks, it will be time for the March Jupyter community call! Join on Tuesday, March 29 at 8am Pacific (read it in your timezone) to say hello.

• If you’d like to share, you can sign up by adding yourself to the agenda before the call begins.
  • To attend, you can join on Zoom at the time of the call.
2 Likes

We’ll be having the next community call in one week! Bring us all your shares, ideas, and enthusiasm on Tuesday, April 26 at 7am Pacific (in your timezone).

Please double check the community calendar or timezone conversion; this call is at a slightly different time due to daylight savings scheduling mishaps.

• If you’d like to share, you can sign up by adding yourself to the agenda before the call begins.

Hope to see you next week!

The JupyterLab search and replace extension demonstrated on Tuesday’s meeting was released on PyPI and conda-forge.

It requires ripgrep (automatically installed with conda but not with pip as it is not a Python package).

1 Like

May I request that you maybe attend the Jupyter community call this May? :thinking: Maybe so, because this month’s call is on its way! Join us on Tuesday, May 31 at 7am Pacific (in your timezone) for another adventure in community.

See you soon!

Note: I know we’ve had two early Pacific time meetings in a row, but June will be at a different time while we experiment with a new schedule.

1 Like

June’s Jupyter community call is coming soon! Join us on Tuesday, June 28 at 3pm Pacific (in your timezone) for another adventure in community.

Hope to see you at the call!

Note: We’ve had two different times in a row, and June will be at a different time while we experiment with a new schedule.

Hello all :wave:

Can you confirm the time of the next July 26th meeting?

Looking at the post here, it suggests 7 AM PST – but the Jupyter Community Calendar has 8 AM PST.

1 Like

Hi there! Thanks for checking; I’ve now fixed the time on the community calendar. I hope that time works well for you. :sunflower:

For anyone who needs it, here’s the rest of the July’s call information

• We’ll be meeting on Tuesday, July 26 at 7am Pacific (in your timezone)!

Hope to see you all there!

2 Likes

We’re back with another community call in two weeks! Come and say hello to the Jovyans on August 30 at 7am Pacific (in your timezone).

Hope to see you then!

1 Like