Integrating docker-stacks with spark and minio as S3

Hey everyone, I am trying to integrate docker-stacks with spark, and I suspect I am not understanding something, and it is probably networking based. When I use docker-stacks with a spark standalone cluster, this first statement works well.

from pyspark.sql import SparkSession
#Create Session
spark = SparkSession.builder.master("spark://spark:7077").getOrCreate()

But the following hangs:

rdd = spark.sparkContext.parallelize(range(100 + 1))
rdd.sum()

The logs say

22/09/26 06:33:56 WARN TaskSchedulerImpl: Initial job has not accepted any resources; check your cluster UI to ensure that workers are registered and have sufficient resources
22/09/26 06:34:11 WARN TaskSchedulerImpl: Initial job has not accepted any resources; check your cluster UI to ensure that workers are registered and have sufficient resources
22/09/26 06:34:26 WARN TaskSchedulerImpl: Initial job has not accepted any resources; check your cluster UI to ensure that workers are registered and have sufficient resources
22/09/26 06:34:41 WARN TaskSchedulerImpl: Initial job has not accepted any resources; check your cluster UI to ensure that workers are registered and have sufficient resources
22/09/26 06:34:56 WARN TaskSchedulerImpl: Initial job has not accepted any resources; check your cluster UI to ensure that workers are registered and have sufficient resources
22/09/26 06:35:11 WARN TaskSchedulerImpl: Initial job has not accepted any resources; check your cluster UI to ensure that workers are registered and have sufficient resources
[I 06:35:23.429 NotebookApp] Saving file at /work/sample.ipynb
22/09/26 06:35:26 WARN TaskSchedulerImpl: Initial job has not accepted any resources; check your cluster UI to ensure that workers are registered and have sufficient resources
22/09/26 06:35:41 WARN TaskSchedulerImpl: Initial job has not accepted any resources; check your cluster UI to ensure that workers are registered and have sufficient resources
22/09/26 06:35:56 WARN TaskSchedulerImpl: Initial job has not accepted any resources; check your cluster UI to ensure that workers are registered and have sufficient resources
22/09/26 06:33:56 WARN TaskSchedulerImpl: Initial job has not accepted any resources; check your cluster UI to ensure that workers are registered and have sufficient resources

I believe it has to do with Image Specifics — Docker Stacks documentation. I tried different networking combinations and can’t seem to find how to let them know of one another. Any guidance would be great. Below is my docker-compose.yaml

version: '3'

services:
    spark:
        image: docker.io/bitnami/spark:3.3
        hostname: spark
        environment:
            - SPARK_MODE=master
            - SPARK_RPC_AUTHENTICATION_ENABLED=no
            - SPARK_RPC_ENCRYPTION_ENABLED=no
            - SPARK_LOCAL_STORAGE_ENCRYPTION_ENABLED=no
            - SPARK_SSL_ENABLED=no
        ports: