I am getting a weird error while launching jupyter from conda, can someone please help me

Hi @rajesh_manjrekar - welcome to the Jupyter community!

Could you please describe what you did to produce this message? I’m assuming you used the ‘New’ drop down and selected a kernel for your new notebook. However, given the notebook screen is not displayed indicates that the kernel start request never made it to the server and implies a client-side issue.

Could you also check for any messages posted to the console window in which the notebook server was started? Again, I don’t suspect things got that far, but its worth checking. There’s also a way to check the client-side (browser) log, but I don’t know how that is checked for the browser you’re running.

Should this be something related to the notebook client, I’m afraid someone else may need to lend their assistance.

Thanks.

Dear Kevin,

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I AM ATTEMPTING TO GET INTO PYTHON. I AM A HARD CORE FINANCE GUY USING EXCEL DAY AND NIGHT.

I could see the amount of effort put in your email to see various possibilities but trust me I DID NOT UNDERSTAND A WORD in your email because i am not a technical person at all.

I would humbly request you to please simplify your email.

Thank you and regards,

Rajesh Manjrekar
+91-9323045443

1 Like

Hi @rajesh_manjrekar,

What button on the page did you click that led to this message? Did you click “New”?