"Connection to the notebook server could not be established........"

Hi guys, i am trying to open the d2l notebook for but kernel does not connect.

I uninstalled and reinstalled everything but getting same error again.

Please if somebody can help …i am mentioning details below plz

.................................................details are mentioned below.............................................

On notebook page i get this error : “A connection to the notebook server could not be established. The notebook will continue trying to reconnect. Check your network connection or notebook server configuration.”

RESOLVED:

I tried reserching some more on this error and found a very helpful advice from Jupyter Notebook Kernel Not Connecting: Connection Failed · Issue #5024 · jupyter/notebook · GitHub which suggested to find the most common error type in the traceback messages on terminal. Upon checking my terminal i found out the following error:

“ImportError: DLL load failed while importing win32api: The specified module could not be found.”

Further googling i found this page relevant to this error

which suggested to install pywin32 using the following command relevant for conda environment as i am using conda enviroment:

conda install pywin32

and when tried to launch the notebook again from terminal, lo and behold it connected instantaneously…Hurray!!!

3 Likes

Worked for me, too! Thanks.
The message said pywin32 was already installed, but seemed to work after I ran the command.

Thank you, worked for me too!