We created this for a variety of reasons:
- We wanted something open and free, where people can own their own data.
- No nagwalls / paywalls for readers
- Everything happens automatically via GitHub Actions once you push your notebook to a folder in your repo.
- We feel that Jupyter is a natural way to write data science blogs, but it has been hard to accomplish this in a painless manner before.
- We went ahead and added additional features such as:
- Embedded twitter cards & youtube videos
- Interactive visualizations made with Altair remain interactive in the blog post
- Optional code folding
- Magic commands via comments for cell hiding
- Optional automatic TOC generation
- Optional link badges to GitHub, and Colab
- Ability to create banners such as warnings, tooltips, etc. with markdown shortcuts.
We would love anyone who is interested in this project to try it out, and give us any suggestions on additional features we could add to make it better for users. You can see a demo blog post here. Thank you for your feedback!