Plugins of considerations

This is the plugins we are currently using, as of 2019-03-25

discourse-affiliate (monetize links, not in use)
discourse-akismet (removes spam)
discourse-backup-uploads-to-s3 (backups images etc uploaded to the forum)
discourse-cakeday (provides forum anniversary cake)
discourse-chat-integration
discourse-github (when a discourse post mentions a Github PR, but NOT issue, the registered API key for a user will post a comment about it in GitHub)
discourse-logster-transporter
discourse-math (renders LaTeX, disabled)
discourse-patreon (Enable syncronization between Discourse Groups and Patreon rewards, and enable Patreon Social Login.)
discourse-prometheus (for logging purposes)
discourse-solved (allows for question to be solved)
discourse-spoiler-alert (allows for spoiler tags to blur its content)

What have been installed by us and what have been installed right away? Do you know @choldgraf?

1 Like

We may want to also look at setting up “reply by email”.

oooh the chat plugin is pretty cool!

Quick updates, we actually already have access to several of those plugins :slight_smile:

I just enabled the “solved” plugin on the z2jh channel for example:

you should now be able to mark replies as “solutions”. Do we want to enable this for the whole site?

I also looked into the chat integration thing and I think it should work with Gitter as well, but I couldn’t figure out how to set it up

Yes, I believe so. Thanks for looking into this.
I’m open to adding the Gitter plugin, but it is still unclear what it does to me.

I have seen these, but they were not there before. Was this due to a plugin being installed?

They appeared before we discussed plugins, so maybe it is because a new version of discourse was installed (we are on a hosted plan here).

yeah I think it was a general discourse update, I didn’t enable anything at least :slight_smile:

@choldgraf can you provide me with a print-screen or similar of the current plugins activated? They should be listed in the admin panel or settings panel I think.

@consideRatio how about we make you an admin instead? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m testing the github linkback plugin by referencing a github issue link here:

What happens if i mention this pr? https://github.com/jupyterhub/zero-to-jupyterhub-k8s/pull/1201

Wow, @choldgraf is going to be so active, and subscribed to soo many issues.
If needed I have a bot account (https://github.com/meeseeksmachine) that we can use if any token are needed. I can share the username/password to the account and/or generate tokens :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh man we should definitely use a bot haha

I shared with you the lastpass to connect to GitHub, you should be able to generate new token for discourse and thus not post as yourself.

1 Like

@carreau @choldgraf woops sorry, lesson learned!

Hey also found this page: https://payments.discourse.org/plugins

I’m about to setup up a Discourse forum for Hack 4 Sweden, an repeating event, so I’m learning more about Discourse official hosting now.

Testing the linkback with a new meeseecks token:

I’m very confused about it, but I think it only works within PRs for some reason.

well then let’s test this!