Plugins of considerations

discourse

This is the plugins we are currently using, as of 2019-03-25

discourse-affiliate (monetize links, not in use)
discourse-akismet (removes spam)
discourse-backup-uploads-to-s3 (backups images etc uploaded to the forum)
discourse-cakeday (provides forum anniversary cake)
discourse-chat-integration
discourse-github (when a discourse post mentions a Github PR, but NOT issue, the registered API key for a user will post a comment about it in GitHub)
discourse-logster-transporter
discourse-math (renders LaTeX, disabled)
discourse-patreon (Enable syncronization between Discourse Groups and Patreon rewards, and enable Patreon Social Login.)
discourse-prometheus (for logging purposes)
discourse-solved (allows for question to be solved)
discourse-spoiler-alert (allows for spoiler tags to blur its content)

What have been installed by us and what have been installed right away? Do you know @choldgraf?

1 Like

We may want to also look at setting up “reply by email”.

A proposal for JupyterHub communications

oooh the chat plugin is pretty cool!

Quick updates, we actually already have access to several of those plugins :slight_smile:

I just enabled the “solved” plugin on the z2jh channel for example:

you should now be able to mark replies as “solutions”. Do we want to enable this for the whole site?

I also looked into the chat integration thing and I think it should work with Gitter as well, but I couldn’t figure out how to set it up

Yes, I believe so. Thanks for looking into this.
I’m open to adding the Gitter plugin, but it is still unclear what it does to me.

I have seen these, but they were not there before. Was this due to a plugin being installed?

They appeared before we discussed plugins, so maybe it is because a new version of discourse was installed (we are on a hosted plan here).

yeah I think it was a general discourse update, I didn’t enable anything at least :slight_smile:

@choldgraf can you provide me with a print-screen or similar of the current plugins activated? They should be listed in the admin panel or settings panel I think.

@consideRatio how about we make you an admin instead? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m testing the github linkback plugin by referencing a github issue link here:

What happens if i mention this pr? https://github.com/jupyterhub/zero-to-jupyterhub-k8s/pull/1201

Wow, @choldgraf is going to be so active, and subscribed to soo many issues.
If needed I have a bot account (https://github.com/meeseeksmachine) that we can use if any token are needed. I can share the username/password to the account and/or generate tokens :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh man we should definitely use a bot haha

I shared with you the lastpass to connect to GitHub, you should be able to generate new token for discourse and thus not post as yourself.

1 Like

@carreau @choldgraf woops sorry, lesson learned!

Hey also found this page: https://payments.discourse.org/plugins

I’m about to setup up a Discourse forum for Hack 4 Sweden, an repeating event, so I’m learning more about Discourse official hosting now.

Testing the linkback with a new meeseecks token:

I’m very confused about it, but I think it only works within PRs for some reason.

well then let’s test this!