Opening (hiddden) iCloud directories in Jupyter

Hi,

I’m running notebooks from the iCloud and could previously browse to the directory where iCloud files are saved locally without problems, which are in “Users/my_username/Libraries/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/”.

Leaving aside the obvious issue with the space inside the file path, the whole Library folder appears to be hidden by MacOS now. Maybe it has been before and I didn’t notice, but as a matter of fact I could previously locate the directory on the Jupyter Notebook file tree and now can’t.

This is quite an important issue as it effectively stops me from using Jupyter Notebooks from the iCloud.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

The directory you describe looks slightly different than the one described in this post from last month here. That answer lists the location of the iCloud drive path as:

~/Library/Mobile\ Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/

Here tells you how to reveal that directory in the Finder.

Of course that may not be relevant depending on your MacOS version or perhaps changes to iCloud. Hence…
It would probably help future readers sorting pertinent information if you and posters at Stackoverflow were noting which MacOS version they were using when posting.

Thanks for this. I’m having MacOS11.2.1, which must’ve had had a recent update where the library folder got hidden in the local directory. But this fix has solved it. The file path you mentioned probably deals with the whitespace issue.

Just for others having the same issue, here are the steps to replicate it again:

• browse to the local users directory in finder
  • click “view” and then “show view options”
  • tick “Show Library Folder” and the directories will appear again.
1 Like