Introduce yourself!

Hi, I am Kenan. I am working at GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences in Cologne. Since 1 year I work in ORC (Open Research Computing) project which is mainly based on Jupyter tools. I am really happy to work closely with this nice community and to be able to contribute as far as I can.

Hi, I my name is Ernesto, I am currently work on Jupyterhub at UC Santa Barbara for the College of Letters and Sciences. I have been a Linux System Administrator for 10 years.

I’m Aleksandra and I work for Stencila helping make Stencila open source components fit researchers’ needs. That includes making Stencila interoperable with Jupyter ecosystem. I’m based in beautiful Aotearoa (Māori for “New Zealand”).
I’m looking forward to learning a lot from all of you!

Hi there! I am Lex Nederbragt from the University of Oslo (UiO). I teach Python using UiO’s JupyterHub for bachelor students in biology, as well as using local installations in Software Carpentry and Data Carpentry workshops.

Hi! I’m Guillaume, I’m a distributed software engineer and also HPC cluster admin at CNES (French space agency). I’m involved in Pangeo project and its ecosystem (mainly Dask). I recently deployed a Dask/Pangeo enabled Jupyterhub at CNES, and I’m using it to share useful material for better distributed science on our cluster.

Cheers.

¡Hola!
I’m Sergio, I work as a research associate at the Public Policy Institute of California in the Higher Education Center. I research Higher Ed public policy in California. I mostly use Jupyter notebooks in my workflow nowadays (yay!).

I’m on a quest to have everyone incorporate them in their workflow too at work :joy:

Hi,

I’m Anderson, a software engineer at the National Center for Atmospheric Research. I’m involved with Pangeo project. Currently, I am working on deploying JupyterHub on NCAR’s infrastructure. I’m looking forward to learning a lot from this community!

pinned #35

Hi,

I’m Hagen and I work as a data scientist at idalab.de. I am from Germany and have a background in electrical engineering, computer engineering and computer science. I looked for solutions to empower our employees with a reliable workspace in the cloud which can be scaled up and uses the technologies they are used to (Jupyter, Pydata stack). I stumbled on pangeo and learned a lot about Jupyterhub, Kubespawner and Kubernetes as well as distributed computing. Hopefully I can give something back.

Cheers,

Hagen

Hello :wave: I’m Sarah, a Data Scientist in the Alan Turing Institute’s Research Engineering team. I’m currently involved in building a BinderHub related to reproducible research. I’m a complete Binder/BinderHub novice so I’d welcome any advice in getting started :blush:

Hello, there! My name is Doug, and I have been a big fan of Jupyter since it was born. I’m a Computer Science college professor (25 years) and taught all of my courses for the last 4 years in Jupyter. That included kernels in Processing/Java, Assembly Language, Scheme, and even a little language called Python :smile: I’ve helped two departments take advantage of Jupyter (Physics and Biology) and have many friends in the Jupyter community, some I have even met In Real Life. Now, I’m retiring from academics and transitioning to a startup working on Machine Learning, Python, and … Jupyter!

Hi all! I’m Vinitra, a former UC Berkeley grad student and current software engineer at Microsoft AI. I’m currently working on the ONNX ecosystem, an open source collaboration between Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon and many many more partners to create a model format for deep learning framework interoperability.

I love Jupyter Notebooks and I love data science education, and so I spent many late nights pinging @yuvipanda and @ryan on Slack while we worked on the JupyterHub/OkPy autograding deployment for UC Berkeley’s data science curriculum. After graduating, I was a summer lecturer for UC Berkeley’s Foundations of Data Science (Data 8), a class with a 50-50 gender ratio, 60+ majors represented, and run entirely on Jupyter notebooks. So excited to see what’s in store for this community! :smile:

Hi I’m Kirstie Whitaker - I’m a research fellow at the Alan Turing Institute in London and I’m working to incentivise reproducible research. I’m really interested in how we can use a binder hub that is locally installed to make it easy for supervisors to support their grad students in using version control & package management. For example, whether we can use binder to share private code and data within research teams so that a busy professor can review but doesn’t need to install everything! I’m working with @sgibson91on exactly that :sparkling_heart:

Thank you so much to all the jupyter team! And especially the core binder folks :raised_hands::heart::rocket:

Hej! My name is Jan and I use JupyterHub for teaching statistics, an introduction to computer science and political science. Its a crazy combination, I know! We started this in the summer with 30 students, now we have 200. A part of me wants this growth to be linear, the other half not so much :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi! :wave: My name is Kevin Markham. I’m the founder of Data School, and I’ve been teaching data science in Python using Jupyter notebooks since 2015.

I use Jupyter notebooks in all of my YouTube tutorial videos, and I found this forum while doing research for my upcoming video series on the Jupyter notebook. :movie_camera:

Nice to meet all of you! :smile:

Hello,
I’m Henri Delebecque.
I discover JupyterHub a few monthes ago, when I installed 8 hubs for educational purposes. I spent a week to install a hub able to dispatch notebooks on 8 VMs, without success. I was short in time, and choose a group of 8 hubs, allocating statically student to each one.

Hi everyone ! I’m Elizabeth :wave: :smile:

I’m currently a PhD student at the Montreal Neurological Institute, and I’m excited to think about how we can use both Jupyter Notebooks and Binder to facilitate open and reproducible publishing.

I’m a new Jovyan, but I’m excited to join and contribute to this great community ! Thanks to everyone for all of your amazing work so far.

Hi there! I’m Enrico, a data scientist at a scale-up based in Amsterdam. I’m doing my best to support Jupyter in local community events, get folks involved in open source and appreciate the power of community-based projects.

Hey all,

I’m Andrew, a final year PhD student in chemistry at the University of Bath (but currently in Scotland writing up).
The majority of my research work has involved Jupyter Notebooks (including reproducible publications).
I have used Notebooks and BinderHub/MyBinder heavily in teaching (developing open educational resources through the pythoninchemistry project.

A list of courses that use Binder

Hi I am Jen. I am an uni student at the University of Canterbury. Right now I am working for GNS (https://www.gns.cri.nz/) to help with data access tutorials wich it a project using jupyter.