The weekly hourly office hours call is open to the community members who care about governance issues. The call is held 9-10AM PST on Tuesdays.
Meeting Minutes – June 2, 2020
- Tim G.
- Chris H.
- We opened the current draft of the Board of Director language
- What are the commonalities between working groups that are formed by the BoD? The process is analogous to the JEP in the technical space, so it should probably be defined in governance.
- Does the Organizational Director in the BoD have a vote? Is this person a “member” of the board?
One central remaining question is: how do we select the members of the Board of Directors?
- One approach is a nominating committee to find BoD member replacements.
- The Technical Steering Committee (TSC) already has a “natural” process for who would populate it, but the BoD is a harder problem.
- Merely bootstrapping by seeding an initial BoD is insufficient.
- In comparison to the way Apache Foundation works: what is the soundness of members on the BoD who have contributed funding in order to have a seat?
- How would we prevent the external market competition between corporate members entering the BoD affecting the internal decision making?
- The central question of paying members of the BoD is: how do prevent both the reality and the appearance of quid pro quo? How do we ensure that the members have the community interests at heart?
- What other incentives can we give entities that donate to Jupyter other than direct governance votes?