The weekly hourly office hours call is open to the community members who care about governance issues. The call is held 9-10AM PST on Tuesdays.
Meeting Minutes – April 21, 2020
- Tim G.
- We read a draft of the “Board of Directors” (BoD, formerly Organizational Body) document.
- A new concept of a hired Organizational Director that is managed by the Board
- How are the members of the Board of Directors chosen?
- How much time does a member of the Board of Directors need to put in?
- Order of magnitude: 10 hours per week
- There should be specific classes of directors drawn from different stakeholder constituencies (e.g., institutions, companies, subprojects, community)
- BoD may send money to a project that has a JEP approved by the TSC.
- How to bootstrap the initial set of BoD’s depends on how we elect the BoD
- If we have open elections, we can just do that.
- If we work off a mentorship model we’ll need to think about how to seed that group.
- Conflict of interest and ethics rules need to be enshrined in the governance document
- case study: analytics trackers on our web properties being debated by the BoD