About the Q&A category

This is a place to ask any and all questions about Jupyter.

Confused about the Jupyter Notebook? Trying to deploy a JupyterHub but having issues? Unsure why you got an error on mybinder.org? Feel free to ask here, and the community will try and help you out.

If you know that your question is about a specific piece of technology (e.g. Jupyter Lab, Jupyter Notebooks, Jupyter Hub), feel free to add a tag to it so that people can find it more easily!

Note: some questions might be more appropriate for a more specific sub-channel or turn into “not a question” types of discussions. When that happens it might get moved to a different category. You probably won’t even notice. It mostly means that someone thought it was important enough to deserve a more targeted channel than Q&A :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Share your knowledge.

We are looking forward to our community members helping others with their questions.

Thanks in advance for helping out :cake: :smile:

1 Like

Hello,

I just installed jupyterhub on a remote server ubuntu 18 but I’m having a problem with sharing python packages between jupyterhub users. How can I prevent each user from installing their packages individually ?
The diretory of the packages python use by jupyterhub is /usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/jupyterhub, how can I share it between all users ?
A big thank you to anyone who wants to help me.